Once certified, you will receive a certificate valid for three years; however, to maintain it, you will need to submit your continuing education and/or an annual fee based on the criteria listed below.
Administrator Education Units (AEUs)
- Effective January 1, 2018, each year, all certificants must submit a minimum of fifteen (15) AEUs and pay the annual fee of $150 by December 31st of that year. AEUs may be submitted at any time during the year via the CASC online recertification system. The certificant may submit more than 15 AEUs annually, but there will be no roll-over of the extra AEUs to future years in the recertification cycle.
- Although the policy is not effective until January 1, 2018, BASC recommends that those certificants who are not completing their Three-Year Recertification Cycle on December 31, 2017, obtain 15 AEUs in 2017 in order to meet the new policy effective January 1, 2018.
- The certificant will need to maintain a minimum of 9 AEUs for each of the five content areas during the three-year recertification period. (9 AEUs X 5 content areas = 45 AEUs in the three-year recertification period)
- All sessions/webinars/courses have to be at least 60 minutes in length in order to earn 1 AEU.
Certificants at the End of Their Three-Year Recertification Cycle on December 31, 2017
- Certificants ending their Three-Year Recertification Cycle on December 31, 2017, must submit 45 AEUs (9 AEUs in each of the five content areas) via the CASC online recertification system by December 31, 2017 and pay the annual fee or their credential will be revoked. There will be no extension period allowed.
- All certificants must pay the annual fee of $150 during the payment period of October 1 – December 31, via the CASC online recertification system every year or their credential will be revoked. There will be no extension period allowed. For 2017, the deadline will be December 31, 2017.
You are not required to submit continuing education or fee for the year in which you receive your certification, so those who were certified in 2017 are not required to begin documenting their continuing education hours or pay the fee until 2018. To record your educational activities, log in to the online recertification system. Note: To view a guide to using the CASC Online Recertification Program, click here (pdf).
All documentation for recertification must be done online. No paper submission of documentation will be accepted.
When meeting the continuing education requirements by attending programs pre-approved for AEUs, you do not have to submit copies of attendance certificates issued by the education provider but maintain the certificates if there are questions or you are audited.
Credit can still be received for educational programs offered by non-approved AEU providers. The certificant will need to submit certain information about the educational program via the online recertification system. BASC will randomly audit certificants on an annual basis. Please keep the handouts because if there are questions, you may be asked to provide these as well.